THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday 17 September 2009

JAY-Z: BP3 Review

The time has finally come Mr Jigga, Hova or whatever he like to call himself to plaster the world his new creation. I must admit, I have been very excited about this release as there was a possiblility that this album may be a... FLOP! The marketing campaign has been crazy, first the Rhapsody ad and then 'The Making of The BP3 album cover' NUTS! You know you are major when people are creating crazy concepts for your next release. LOVES IT!


To cut to the chase my favourite track is 'Empire State of Mind' such a big tune! Makes you want to jump on the plane to NYC. NOT JUMP ON THE STAGE @ the VMA's - Lil' Mama is not my style. Who flipping asked her? Jay had a face like he smelt something bad, ha! PRICELESS COMEDY! Alicia Keys was the perfect feature for this track. Other favourite tracks include - 'Off That' ft. Drake (good club/car banger), 'Already Home' ft.Kid Cudi, 'Venus vs. Mars' (Beat is siiiiiiick - I LOVE TIMBO!), 'Hate' ft. K Weezy and 'Ambitious' ft. Pharrell. Whenever Neptunes and Jay collaborate it always turns out well, there's not one track they've done together thats ever been disappointing. As for K-crazy West, he is still a talented producer and does not disappoint delivering his contributed tracks.




Besides the controversy regarding his association with the Freemasons, I listen to the beats thats what I thrive from. I don't pay attention to lyrics as those close to me know already (when I sing or recite lyrics - I get it so wrooooong).


It's such a shame I'm not at the Roundhouse to see him tonight :( A few individuals are blasting on facebook and twitter that they're there! Maaaayne I wish I was going, unfortunately I couldn't get a ticket due to tickets - SOLD IN 9 MINUTES! Oh well... One day I'll meet him... probably strategise his album when he's 52 or something. To end here's one of my favourite tracks 'Show Me What You Got', pretty surprised Just Blaze didn't get a look in for BP3, one of Hip Hop's favourite producers right?




My verdict - BP3: 8/10

0 comments: