THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 20 January 2008

GOOD MUSIC - UNIVERSAL MUSIC

Happy new years my fellow citizens! I know were well into January already but this is my first public dose on blogger for you guys. All about the music, events, lifestyle, music... oh yes, did I mention music?
.................
Ahhhhhh man!!! I'm sooooo p******. Just wrote a good blog and accidently pressed the wrong button.
Just threw a little tantrum lol, ok much better now. Isn't that annoying when that happens? Now I have to put my point across differently because it won't be the same. I'm gonna cut it short, can't be asked to go in further detail again.

Another dose of my interesting blogs, but this time on this Blogger rather than Myspace. Isn't that the whole point of blogging so don't complain, lol. Anyway, straight to the point. Some people don't know how to do their job, and it really makes me think 'you have no idea on what you're on about'. Why are people so scared of opening up to other types of music. I'm not talking about indie, alternative, pop, soul or R&B (which has completely lost it's originality). I'm talking about listening to so-called 'world' music, as soon as its mentioned cynics get all scared and negative. I hate it when people say they listen to everything. What the hell is everything, when they clearly don't listen to everything?


Even this 'electro' and new rave trend everyone is jumping on it now, it was around yeaaaaars ago. Like Air, and Daft Punk I pretty
much prefer their stuff rather than the sheep followers
now, not really different as they make themselves out to be. I also believe some people can be ridiculously ignorant, and sound silly without realising. As soon as you mention something thats not on the bandwagon, industry insiders seem to get all scared or not interested.

There's a reason why artists like Manu Chao, Amadou & Mariam, Zap Mama, The Roots, and Dizzie Rascal are well respected and still do well commercially. They're not afraid to explore beyond their horizons because, they're so talented and cleverly play around with other genres and make it a signature platform for themselves. Take for instance Afro-beat, Hi-Life, Indian, Samba, Folk, Reggae, Punk Rock and Arabic music are heavily influence in today's pop. I swear Razorlight have a Hi-Life guitar riff at the very beginning of 'America'. For those who don't know what Hi-Life is, it's a popular form of Ghanaian music.


There is such thing as good pop, doesn't mean artists are selling out, it's their job to make money from their craft. So people please don't hate that Dizzie or Kano, they have bills to pay just like you and me, are you contributing to their bills? I don't think so. However, some individuals take it too far, I won't mention names but they have lost what they were good at, plus they have the power to explore other avenues now. They're just plain boring lacking any substance, and just totally lost it. What is up with the shades, I don't see no sun! Give you a clue, 'BO SELEEC-TA!' I particularly like Justin Timberlake's repertoire he is good pop. He might do some folk stuff, and grow his hair into dreadlocks, you just never know.

Meanwhile, I'm religiously listening to this siiiiiiiick artist called Joy Denalane from Germany. There hasn't really been good talent that has come from Germany appealling to the ears of many however, Joy's review have been quite negative which I'm suprised about. Some critics compare her to Amy Wino... and think she's boring. Boring??? HELLO!! This is a grown woman who has been around for yeeeeeears. Her voice evokes truth, pain and the way she hurls her notes, it's a different level. Come to the UK Joy!! She is a true star to me.

Go on explore...check her page, and have a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYUodOUXEoQ&
feature=related

Peace out!
Ms A.x

Currently listening :
Born & Raised
By Joy Denalane
Release date: By 18 December, 2006

0 comments: